Wonder what students and teachers are searching for on Shmoop? We did.
While one might think that pop culture juggernauts like Twilight and Harry Potter might crack the list, we found that the classics still dominate students’ searches.
The list is based on number of searches conducted on the Shmoop website by teachers and students in the past school year.
10 most searched books for the 2009-2010 school year:
- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
- Macbeth, by William Shakespeare
- Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
- Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
- 1984, by George Orwell
- Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley