Dear Shmoop Idols:
Pitchy. A bit flat. But still getting votes. That’s how we felt about the economic news last week. We hope you have a few Yen to spare for our partners – somebody has to pay the rent around here…
Shmoop for Thought
- Nobody Beats the Viz
It takes 60 seconds. No spam*. Our partner, Viz Media, is giving away 5 manga DVDs & squishy plushy toys from Naruto Shippuden or Bleach. Just fill. And win. (Some will play. Maybe somebody will win. But like… good luck.)
- Shmoop Shout-Out: Feliks Zemdegs – Rubik’s Cube Record Holder
Remember that moment when you realized the only way you were going to solve a Rubik’s Cube was to peel the stickers off and rearrange them? Well, this 15-year-old beat The Cube in a mind-blowing world record time. Watch the video.
- Dear Adobe, We love you. We heart flash. And the new Creative Suite 5.5 is truly sweet.
Students and Teachers, get on the broadband wagon and get 80% off Adobe Creative Suite if you buy it here. For reference to awesomeness, check out our Photoshopped Will Shakes-surfer. (He’s multi-talented.)
From Around the Shmoop Kitchen
- We’ve upgraded the Shmoop Writing Lab. It’s still a work in progress, but give it a shot for your end-of-year essays and papers. Try it out here.
- Aretha (and her Smithsonian-enshrined inauguration hat) demand Your R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Check out the Shmoop Guide on the classic song.
- Teachers’ Lounge: Teaching Great Gatsby…try this Assignment, on the house. Compare The Great Gatsby to the 2002 “hip-hop” film adaptation, G.
You’ve Taken Your Tests, Now Run Us Through The Gauntlet
We want to be in contact with you as much as possible. And since we can’t text all the time, why not set up an interview?
We’d love to give the scoop to any school newspaper, local flyer, or revolutionary pamphlet. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to set something up.
You look great up there on stage,
*Seriously, no spam was used in the making of this survey.