Gobble Gobble from Shmoop!
For those who are making room in your stomach for a delicious Thanksgiving holiday, we don’t want your brain to get jealous. Blues, romantic poets, and Sherlock Holmes — we’ve dished it up for you this week.
The True Stories Behind the Thanksgiving Story
- Pilgrims & Puritans of Colonial New England: Who were the Pilgrims and what the heck did they have to do with turkey?
- Native American History: What happened between 1790 and 1890 to cause the American “Indian” population to drop by more than 50%?
New Moon Shatters the Box Office Record for Worldwide Opening Weekend
- VOTE NOW: Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
- Twilight on Shmoop
- New Moon on Shmoop
- (New!) Eclipse on Shmoop
Pull up a Chair and Feast on Our 11 New Learning Guides
2 New in Shmoop Literature:
4 New in Shmoop Poetry:
- “Annabel Lee,” by Edgar Allan Poe
- “Birches,” by Robert Frost
- “La Belle Dame Sans Merci,” by John Keats
- “She Walks in Beauty,” by Lord Byron
1 New in Shmoop Bestsellers:
- Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer
4 New in Shmoop US History: