We solemnly swear we’re up to no good:
The Last Harry Potter Movie Released from Magician’s Hat July 15th!
Well, we’re sure there will be prequels, sequels, every kind of quel (Nyquil?) until JK is officially pronounced Queen of England, but we give it two wands up! Heck, we don’t mind. (Just like Minnesotans didn’t mind when Brett Favre came back to lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl, wait…)
Anyway, we know two things:
- Really cool people know tons of Potter trivia.
- The market value of said trivia knowledge skyrockets on opening night/day of the final movie coming out.
Could your Potter skills use a little polishing before the big day? Not to worry, we have guides to all 7 Harry Potter books, which include troves of trivia treasure. Why? Because we are SOOOOO cool (see above definition of cool) and enjoy knowing stuff our friends don’t, like…
- SPOILER ALERT: Please do not read if you haven’t read the last book.
- Who does Neville Longbottom end up marrying?
- Why did Remus Lupin have to die?
- Could Lily Evans have had a future with Snape?
- After the defeat of Voldemort, what happens to Dolores Umbridge?
- Why is it Molly Weasley that kills Bellatrix Lestrange instead of, say, Neville Longbottom?
Final NASA Shuttle Launch
Oh, the hardware. This is the largest mosquito zapper ever. And yes, we shed one tear on account of the fact that our childhood dreams to become astronauts have been officially crushed. Check out the photo album of the launch, or read up on the beginning of the Space Program with our Sixties timeline.
Extra! Extra! Shmoop Needs Math Writers!
Help! If you can tell us why dy is over dx and how dx‘s mother feels about it in 40 words or less, we will give you a serious listen. You need to be fluent in statistics. Feel qualified? Nerdy enough? Please apply your stats off here.
Staff Favorites: New and Improved Shmoop Guides
Looking for some interesting Shmoop that has been certified fresh by our staff? Check out…
- Love in the Time of Cholera Guide
- The Graveyard Book Guide
- Ender’s Game Guide
- The New and Improved Pride and Prejudice Guide
Shmoop Shout Out: Sgt. 1st Class Petry, Medal of Honor Recipient
Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Petry became the second living active serving officer to receive the Medal of Honor for actions in Iraq. He’s also a straight up G. Learn about his incredible story.
Shmoop Shout Out 2.0: The Emergency Party Button
Ever find yourself in a situation where your living room is full of people who need a party? But you haven’t bought any snacks, picked out any beats, or rented a fog machine? Never fear, the Emergency Party Button is here.
Shmoop Shout-Out Three Point Oh, oh, oh: Allen Guei
Ready for another hypothetical rhetorical question? Ever won $40,000 for shooting free throws? Ever given away $40,000 you just won for shooting free throws? Cal State Northridge freshman Allen Guei has. Read more about the generous athlete.
We’ll see you at the theater,