If you’re getting a little antsy after being stuck at home for all these snow days (seriously, is it springtime yet?), we’ve got two words for you: book club. When else will you get to sit around with your friends judging something indiscriminately…and have it look good on your college apps?
1. Tell your friends.
2. Pick a meeting time and place.
3. Choose your first book.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Dancing on the Edge by Han Nolan
- Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Carrie by Stephen King
- Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
- Serena by Ron Rash (read it before the the movie comes out this month!)
4. Make it your own.
As a group, decide how you want it to go down. Who will lead the discussion each week? Should you pre-circulate questions or just go with the flow? Will there be snacks? (Hint: Yes.There will always be snacks.)