Today, we unveil our tenth (!!!) subject area on Shmoop...
NEW: Shmoop Pre-Algebra
This is our first foray into math-land. We think we're gonna like it here, so stay tuned for mo' math, mo' (practice) problems to come.
Shmoop Pre-Algebra has 100s of topics with succinct explanations, diagrams, interactive examples, practice problems, and real-world applications.
We'll do whatever it takes to make math understandable and fun for students. Want to get hooked on basic geometry? Try a video of snowboarder Shaun White practicing his Double McTwist 1260 before the Vancouver Olympics.
3! Reasons Why Shmoop Pre-Algebra Rocks
- Do the math: it’s free
- Learn why percents are “crush-worthy”
- Gorge on Olympics, money, and pizza (our favorite examples for math problems)
- Click through hundreds of practice problems with step-by-step examples and hints
- See the math, be the math (we use diagrams and pictures galore, hold the overly-wordy explanations)
- Apply your new-found skills by estimating the trees saved by going digital
Shmoop Pre-Algebra is now available for free online at:
We've broken it down into 6 Learning Guides:
- Basic Operations
- Fractions & Decimals
- Ratios & Percentages
- Basic Geometry
- (including a handy page of area formulas for various shapes)
- Basic Statistics & Probability
- Basic Algebra
Let us know what you think about Shmoop Pre-Algebra... Take our survey. Please.