Casey was voted off American Idol, but you can still have a CAHSEE in your hearts and on your web browser
Mountain View, California (May 11, 2011) – Shmoop (www.shmoop.com), a digital curriculum and test prep company that aims to suck less of the joy out of the learning process today announced the launch of an Online Test Prep Course for the CAHSEE (that’s the California High School Exit Examination for you Michiganders).
“Most test prep companies approach the CAHSEE by charging schools exorbitant fees for the privilege of ’talking down to’ students and putting said students to sleep,” said Ellen Siminoff, CEO of Shmoop. “We meet struggling learners on their own level. We grab their interest by littering our reviews with pop culture references, music, fashion, sports, and video games. Like we’re hip. We speak Student.”
What’s inside Shmoop’s Online CAHSEE Prep Course
- Examples that you won’t find anywhere else. To wit, we hold students’ hand in these classics:
- “How to write an essay” (that’s not a giant “S” then an “A” on the page)
- Why Pythagoras was the original rock star
- How to calculate the time it will take you to get home from college to do your laundry (or rather, how long it’ll take mom to do it)
- 100s of Explanations, Examples and Exercises covering every California State Standard you need to know for the exam
- 2 full-length interactive CAHSEE practice tests
- 600 Practice Problems with immediate feedback and explanations
- Practice Essays
- Shmoints (crush your friends by answering questions correctly, score a Shmoop t-shirt, enter the nerd Hall of Fame)
We like tooting our horn when we have good stuff to offer. So TOOT^2.