Mountain View, California (August 10, 2011) – Shmoop, a publisher of digital curriculum and test prep, today announced the launch of Shmoop Mythology at www.shmoop.com/mythology. Mythology is the eleventh subject area on Shmoop, which now offers more than 750 free online Learning Guides.
The reaction on Twitter:
Zeus OMGs… @shmoop went all WikiLeaks on us… mere mortals are all up in our Olympian business. SOCTLB*
* Translation for those not hip to Olympus Twitter lingo: Stomping on Clouds Throwing Lightning Bolts
According to an anonymous Valhalla-based publicist, Shmoop’s team of private investigators infiltrated some seriously personal files and facts about the Greek, Roman, and Norse gods. Included in this info leak of heroic proportions:
- Profiles and Walls: Puzzle at Aphrodite’s “complicated” and oft-changing relationship status. Her favorite quotes? Lyrics from fellow divas Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé.
- Email Inboxes and Diaries: In a leaked email exchange between Thor and his therapist, we learn that the supposedly tough muscleman of the Norse gods has some serious daddy issues.
- Photo Albums: Scope the gods with the beach bods. Peep the latest in toga fashions... Who wore it better? What were they thinking?
- Police Reports: See who got busted. Recidivist shoplifter Mercury, mischief-maker Loki, and drunken party boy Dionysus cannot seem to keep their hijinks out of the gossip blogs.
- Cliques: Navigate the complex social scene of the hallways and school cafeterias of the gods. Know your jocks, the nerds, the mean girls. Tip for survival: don’t look at thuggish Neptune the wrong way or he might slam you into the lockers.