Valentine's Day is on the horizon, and it's time we recognize that love, actually, is all around us. Okay, so we stole that line, but it's true. Epic romances aren't just for Sam and Diane: you can find 'em in every single subject. So for the lovers, the lonely, and the folks who just prefer to go stag, we have a list of 8 epic romances to get you in the V-Day mood.
8 Epic Romances from Every Subject
1. Jane Eyre and Mr. RochesterJane Eyre gives us hope that we, too, will win the Powerball and the hand of an ugly, mean-spirited, manipulative, bigamist who's twice our age...and live happily ever after.
3. X and ZeroLove knows no limits, making this one of the most romantic mathematic equations of all time. As Mean Girls reminds us, "the limit does not exist." But that won't stop x from approaching zero from now until eternity.
6. Charles Kane and Rosebud'Tis better to have sledded and lost than never to have sledded at all.
7. David Bowie and Outer SpaceFrom "Life on Mars?" to "Space Oddity" to the movie The Man Who Fell to Earth, David Bowie (R.I.P.) was out of this world. He inspired us to find love and life outside our comfort zone—and maybe outside our own galaxy.
8. Queen Victoria and Prince AlbertQueen Victoria was so devastated when Albert died of typhoid fever in the very room where they met that she dressed in black mourning attire for the rest of her life—over 40 years. At least she didn't have trouble coordinating her outfits.
Here's to finding love this year—even if it's just in science class.